Chick insults 3 year old with poo...

shakecc

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 26, 2008
Central OH
We just recieved out chicks yesterday. I must mention that we are NEW chick owners, but have horses, dogs and goats so not new to animal poo. Anyway I am committed to handling our chicks so that we have nice sweet chickens. My 3 year old begged to hold a chick and I allowed her with ALOT of careful help from me. Inevitably the chick pooped on her. She was SOOOOO upset. She was crying crocodile tears and sobbing that the chick "was bad and pooped on her and didn't like her". I cried because I was laughing so hard. I wish I had had it on video...would have been stiff competition on America's funniest video!

My 14 yr. old reported at dinner one night: "Edina pooped on me & it ruined my day". This nonsense MUST STOP!
lol.png

Quote:
It doesn't mean they dont like you, at all. Where did you get that idea? It only means they have defecated.
I'm going to risk opening a can of worms here, but here it comes:

Chickens arent people. They dont like, or dislike, you. They will accept you and will even get animated at your presence, but it isnt a like or dislike thing with them.

When they poo, they are pooing. Thats all. Whether its on the petunias or in your hand, its all the same to them. They "let go" whenever the need arises. Instead of putting them in AFECU's (chicken diapers) or adopting other elaborate strategies for keeping their droppings off of you, perhaps the obvious should be mentioned:

Keep them off of you and out of your hands, for the most part. Keep them out of your home and off your belonging's, furniture, etc. Pick them up only when neccesary and then hold them properly.

TO your other question, I don't believe it is possible to box train a chicken, or any other bird for that matter. I suppose somebody has tried and will now say you can do it, but I wouldn't put money on it. Thats the reason AFECU's came baout in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be glad it wasn't a gosling that pooped on her. You may have broken a rib laughing so hard.

They poop like small dogs ... just sayin' ... LOL

Back
Top Bottom