Chick internally pipped but hasn’t externally pipped yet

dskerns

Chirping
Jun 16, 2021
Hello I’m letting my hen hatch out a baby.She has never had a baby,the baby internally pipped almost a day ago but hasn’t externally pipped yet.I don’t know what to do,it hasn’t been pepping or making any noise.Should i help or wait it out a little longer?

Hatching is hard work it may be resting, but if need be you can candle to be sure. A cell phone flashlight works well. That said, a hen who has internally piped eggs should be left alone as much as possible, so the membranes on the eggs do not dry out. Does she only have one egg?

Hatching is hard work it may be resting, but if need be you can candle to be sure. A cell phone flashlight works well. That said, a hen who has internally piped eggs should be left alone as much as possible, so the membranes on the eggs do not dry out. Does she only have one egg?
Okay,yes she only has one egg.I candled it and the baby’s still alive and kicking so yesterday when I thought it internally pipped it must’ve been like a shadow or something cause if it did internally pip then it’s been 48 hours since.

Back
Top Bottom