Chick is moving head weird. Video linked

Update. I did the nutridrench and the sav-a-chick but she’s still bopping along. I’m starting to think it might be more of a muscle thing. I don’t know if that can even happen with chickens but it looks like one side of her neck is too tight and just pulls one way sometimes. She does it more when she’s stressed out. Mostly by the big butt who blocks my shot in the video, Fuzzy. She’s still eating and drinking fine. No abnormal or bloody poop. No mites that I could see. So I’m at a loss as to what it could be.
Silkies seem to be more prone to neurological disorders. It may be a defect.
Stress can exacerbate conditions.
You would try upping your game and see if giving her a direct dose of just Vitamin E and the B-Complex would help. 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily.

You would try upping your game and see if giving her a direct dose of just Vitamin E and the B-Complex would help. 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily.

x2. I'd up the dosage, and stick with it for several more weeks. When I was dealing with wry neck it took 6 weeks for my bird to recover enough to walk upright most of the time.

Are these just the vitamins I can get over the counter or for poultry specific?

You can use vitamins for human use. I preferred liquid form as it's easy to mix into food for dosing, but you can also get tablets or liquid filled capsules as well.
Thank you. I have the liquid filled capsules of vitamin E. I’ll be sure to pick up the B complex after Christmas. And probably easier to administer vitamin E. The capsules are messy to bust open.

Update: Bop has stopped her:)fl) bopping altogether. I have been giving her two drops of the vitamin E and the D complex for... a month now. I think it’s been that long. Should I stop the vitamins and see if it comes back or keep going until she’s older?

Update: Bop has stopped her:)fl) bopping altogether. I have been giving her two drops of the vitamin E and the D complex for... a month now. I think it’s been that long. Should I stop the vitamins and see if it comes back or keep going until she’s older?
I hope it's B-Complex you are giving.

I'm glad to hear she's doing better. I think I would start tapering off on the vitamins and see how she does. Extra vitamin E should not be given long term since it's not soluble and excreted in the urine like the B vitamins are.

If you start seeing symptoms again, then re-introduce the vitamins.

Update. I did the nutridrench and the sav-a-chick but she’s still bopping along. I’m starting to think it might be more of a muscle thing. I don’t know if that can even happen with chickens but it looks like one side of her neck is too tight and just pulls one way sometimes. She does it more when she’s stressed out. Mostly by the big butt who blocks my shot in the video, Fuzzy. She’s still eating and drinking fine. No abnormal or bloody poop. No mites that I could see. So I’m at a loss as to what it could be.
Omg we have the exact same chick, color and twitch! Lol! Did you ever figure out what's up? Mine is 8-9 weeks and does the exact same thing! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom