Chick just hatch but

Torino68

Hatching
Oct 3, 2018
i just had a chick hatch there is something attracted to it, I’m assuming it the yolk sack but there is nothing in it just a very small trace of blood. I had to take it out of the incubator bacause there are spots the chicks can fall under the platform (bad design).

Just really want to know if the chick is going to be ok with that sack still attached

i just had a chick hatch there is something attracted to it, I’m assuming it the yolk sack but there is nothing in it just a very small trace of blood. I had to take it out of the incubator bacause there are spots the chicks can fall under the platform (bad design).

Just really want to know if the chick is going to be ok with that sack still attached
Place it in a pre warmed brooder. Let it dry. The membrane should naturally dry and fall off it. If not, later a damp/warm paper towel will help remove it.

Place it in a pre warmed brooder. Let it dry. The membrane should naturally dry and fall off it. If not, later a damp/warm paper towel will help remove it.
Appreciate the info.
Only other question is what kind of chickens are all black? This little guy has black everything from his head to his toes, skin and beak.
I got the eggs from golden laced Wyandotte.... Rhode Island Red and Americana. Not quite sure what his rooster is tho. I’ll have to ask but it’s his only black bird and it’s not all black like this guy

Appreciate the info.
Only other question is what kind of chickens are all black? This little guy has black everything from his head to his toes, skin and beak.
I got the eggs from golden laced Wyandotte.... Rhode Island Red and Americana. The rooster was a black copper Maran. it’s his only black bird and it’s not all black like this guy

Back
Top Bottom