chick just out the bator scrathing its head and chirping contantly....

roll8221

Songster
13 Years
Sep 4, 2008
Central Florida
I have a chick that i just took out of the bator with about seventeen of its kin and it keeps scrathing its head and chirping loud. kinda rolling while hes scrathing......he stands up every once in a while and walks a little bit but is then back to scratching and chirping sortly after. It was the first time i used the bator so I doubt it had mites in it. Not sure whats wrong with it.....anybody have any ideas?

Wow, not sure. I have had some do that, but they stopped eventually. The only one that did that incessantly was one that had deformed eyelids. It would scratch at it's eyes all the time. Hope someone else comes along, and your little one is OK!
fl.gif

Does he/she have membranes covering its eyes or ears? It just might be bugging the crud out of it and he is hoping that he can dislodge it. If so take a damp warm washcloth and put it over the places that have membrane covering it. It will look like hair gel kind of slick and slimy and shiny. Like his head has been waxed!

Anyway if this is the case. warm up the slime and you have to sort of peel it off. MAKE SURE IT IS wet but don't drown the poor chick. After you are done, make sure you dab up the excess water and put him back in. Don't leave him out too long or get him in the breeze.

Back
Top Bottom