Chick looks stopped up

mossyoakpro

Songster
Jun 9, 2022
South Georgia
I have a RIR chick that is almost 2 weeks old...today she has started looking like she is constipated. She developed a pasty butt but I have taken care of that as her vent looks clear...she still eats and drinks but she stands there all hunched over and her vent is kinda bulging if that makes sense?? What can that be? And how can I relieve it if she is stopped up? All the others are running around with no issues if that matters??

Thanks in advance!!

I have a RIR chick that is almost 2 weeks old...today she has started looking like she is constipated. She developed a pasty butt but I have taken care of that as her vent looks clear...she still eats and drinks but she stands there all hunched over and her vent is kinda bulging if that makes sense?? What can that be? And how can I relieve it if she is stopped up? All the others are running around with no issues if that matters??

Thanks in advance!!
Oh no so sorry you and your chick are dealing with this! I unfortunately am unsure but my post will hopefully make it so others will see it.

UPDATE!! This morning she seems to be back to normal!! I got to thinking about it and yesterday I had to trim some of the fluff around her vent with suture scissors to get the cake out so I'm thinking maybe she was just sore from me fooling with her so much yesterday? Anyway....everyone looks good this morning and answered the morning breakfast bell!!

Back
Top Bottom