Chick losing front neck feathers?

zaz13

Chirping
Apr 3, 2020
West PalmBeach, FL
hi guys - ive got a 5-6wk old olive egger that is losing feathers on the front of its neck. It looks like they're being picked out. This chick is currently being housed with 3 other 5-6wk old chicks; they've been together since hatching day, straight from the incubator. I noticed yesterday that this one was missing a few feathers on its neck. I woke up today and its missing even more....

Is it just being bullied? Should I separate and put antibiotic cream until it starts to heal over? Let me know ow what you think!
20201201_122022.jpg

in this photo you can see he has a little red sore as well?
20201201_122120.jpg

Thanks in advance!!!

hi guys - ive got a 5-6wk old olive egger that is losing feathers on the front of its neck. It looks like they're being picked out. This chick is currently being housed with 3 other 5-6wk old chicks; they've been together since hatching day, straight from the incubator. I noticed yesterday that this one was missing a few feathers on its neck. I woke up today and its missing even more....

Is it just being bullied? Should I separate and put antibiotic cream until it starts to heal over? Let me know ow what you think!View attachment 2432826

in this photo you can see he has a little red sore as well?
View attachment 2432827

Thanks in advance!!!

I have a chick that is currently having this same issue, also an easter egger. Curious to hear how things worked out for your chick?

I have a chick that is currently having this same issue, also an easter egger. Curious to hear how things worked out for your chick?
His sisters continued to pick his feathers until he matured- he was missing a majority of his neck feathers when I culled him. I would watmtch the girls just sit there and pick them out. They don't do it to anyone else - they only ever did it to him. I have no clue - lol

Back
Top Bottom