Chick Malpositioned-PLEASE HELP!!

If you're positive the veins have retracted you can pull back enough of the inner membrane to allow her to hatch. Fingers crossed for her.

We pulled a little of the membrane away. but we also took off some shell. While doing so we discovered a darker colored (almost brownish-yellowish) spot on the membrane with white circles on it. Any idea what this might be? Is it the yolk, or a place where she has stuck, or the air bubble? Thank you so much for your advice!!

The finger is pointing to the indentation. We also have something on the back of the shell. The chick is acting like she wants to get out though.

She is out!! We saw that she was getting active so we pulled the membrane back and put her in the bator. Eventually she pulled out. We still had veins on the inner memebran though!! And there are some inside the egg. As far as we can see though, no yolk. She is shivering even though the temp in the bator is 100 degress. Any thoughts? Thank you for your advice!!!!!!!

Well done! Glad she is out. I don't know about the shivering, maybe a bit of shock? I hope she perks up soon :)

Sorry, I missed you. We're a few hours ahead of the States. How is she doing now?

Sorry I have not written until now, but the chick died the next morning. :( We think that the bubbles she was blowing was her swallowing the egg white or something. She had some seizures, and died mid morning. Thanks again for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom