Chick Names Help

chickenchick12

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 21, 2014
I have new neighbors and they are getting chicks. And I am getting some new birds too. Any name ideas? here are the breeds:

Polish
Old English
Light Brahma
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Black Sex-Link

I have some of my own ideas but I still need help. Any answers welcome.

chickenchick12

How fun! I usually pick a theme if I have new chicks. As in:
Pick a name with the same first letter as the breed "Penny Polish" or "Winnie Wyandotte"
Or, I name based on the origin of the breed, i.e. my young Marans pullets have French names, "Coco Chanel" and "Madeline".
Or, everybody gets a flower name, "Rosie, Peony, Violet, Daisy". Anyway you get the picture!
Good luck!

We just got out first chicks, my kiddos insisted on Disney Princesses.

I kinda wanted old lady names...Matilda, Samantha, Veronica, Eliza, Ruby, Cordelia...etc.

Thanks guys! I asked around the house and found names for the BSL and the SLW. The BSL is going to be named Garnet( pronounced gar-nit). And the SLW is Lacey. Still need more names!

When we got our last group of 4 juveniles I named them all something similar.

We have Amelia, Cecila, Cordelia, and Ophelia!

Thanks guys! The polish will probably be named Princess Poofa. And the BLRW is going to be Lavender Brown( from Harry Potter ). And the Light Brahma will be Edith. I'm not sure if we are getting a Old English or a Sebright, but it needs a name either way!

-chickenchick12

We just got out first chicks, my kiddos insisted on Disney Princesses.

I kinda wanted old lady names...Matilda, Samantha, Veronica, Eliza, Ruby, Cordelia...etc.

I went with the old lady names...for the most part. We have Amelia, Dot, Penny, Lucy, Rosie, Lily, Dolly, Daisy, and Stella...but Stella, a speckled Sussex, has been officially renamed Sparkle.

Back
Top Bottom