Chick newbie

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

You have a beautiful flock! Good luck with all of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
smile.png

Thank you very much everyone! Trust me I will have plenty of questions and comments.. Actually I'll start now.. When chicks are born a yellowish color does that mean they will stay a light color? They seam to have a tint of red/ brown mixed in there wings, does this mean they will look like my RIR more then likely?

I'm a newbie here, and to chickens! Welcome! This is a great site, I have already been able to use some great advice from this page!

Thank you very much everyone! Trust me I will have plenty of questions and comments.. Actually I'll start now.. When chicks are born a yellowish color does that mean they will stay a light color? They seam to have a tint of red/ brown mixed in there wings, does this mean they will look like my RIR more then likely?

You are very welcome! :)
I believe your RIR are actually something more like the Production Reds like I have, just an FYI, if you got them from a feed store or hatchery then more than likely that is closer to what they are... true Rhode Island Reds are really dark red with black in their tail with a deep green sheen... mixing your reds with your Delaware will probably result in something similar to my own mixed chicks... I got mostly yellow chicks with a reddish tinge as well... a few turned out mostly black and white, but most of mine turned out to be different shades of reds with some odd extra colors... hope this helps, and good luck! :D

Back
Top Bottom