Chick not right update i just culled,,, awful experience

Quote:
thankyou...
even the day it was born there seemed to be something different about his head... i think he had lots of problems and would not have thrived.. it was sad watching the others run around and he could just sit there and get stepped on.... he is now free and playing with Chickiebaby's fuzzybutt angels...

hugs.gif

Quote:
Here is my two cents... I hunt. I kill deer turkey bear etc. I also raise chickens. My chickens are my pets... If I was raising a bird for meat, it wouldn't be a pet... It would be an animal. And treated like one. Not saying that animals don't have feelings, they do. People loften underestimate what an animal can do. They show fear, they show excitement, they have it all. But when it come down to it, I don't hunt just to kill things. I hunt for food. I make a clean shot EVERYTIME. I was trained by one of te best sniper on the east coast. I have never had to kill one of my birds. Hopefully I never will. I feel that there is a large line between a pet an a wild animal. If a animal was suffering, it should be put down. One of the reasons I bought my birds is because of the way egg factory birds are treated. And I am a male and i also am very attached to my chicks.

Quote:
Here is my two cents... I hunt. I kill deer turkey bear etc. I also raise chickens. My chickens are my pets... If I was raising a bird for meat, it wouldn't be a pet... It would be an animal. And treated like one. Not saying that animals don't have feelings, they do. People loften underestimate what an animal can do. They show fear, they show excitement, they have it all. But when it come down to it, I don't hunt just to kill things. I hunt for food. I make a clean shot EVERYTIME. I was trained by one of te best sniper on the east coast. I have never had to kill one of my birds. Hopefully I never will. I feel that there is a large line between a pet an a wild animal. If a animal was suffering, it should be put down. One of the reasons I bought my birds is because of the way egg factory birds are treated. And I am a male and i also am very attached to my chicks.

Well said, well said.

Quote:

very well said, i have had to put a few of my outside cats out of their misery when they got hit by cars and it is way different than hunting or taking out rodents and pests. i have not had to cull any of my chickens yet but im sure the day will come and when it does im sure it will still be upsetting.

Quote:
Sorry about your chickie, Silkie Sue, but that reply to JoePa was too funny not to come out of "glean" mode and reply!!! LOL

~Rosie

Back
Top Bottom