Chick opening and closing mouth

I got two new chicks today. One of them keeps opening and closing it’s mouth, almost like it’s breathing through that instead of it’s nose. It’s definitely not panting. Any ideas as to why?
could be stress related. im not sure. i had one that di that then eventually died in a couple days. i'm sorry i'm not much help. keep watch over the babies for sure

Alrighty. How much sugar for a 1QT waterer? Also, will it affect my other chick who is perfectly healthy?

about a teaspoon. it just gives them extra energy. she looks really weak.
small amounts of sugar in their water wont hurt them.
but i would not do it all the time. just till you can get to a feed store for some vetRX. medicated feed will help too. i hope she will be ok.

could be stress related. im not sure. i had one that di that then eventually died in a couple days. i'm sorry i'm not much help. keep watch over the babies for sure

sorry for your loss :( and yes it could be stress related.

@AlexEve you might want to put her in a cage next to the other chick so they can see each other but so if she is sick the other chick don't. thats all i can think of. @Wyorp Rock has helped me alot. they are so smart and would know more. im a second flock newbie lol

sorry for your loss :( and yes it could be stress related.

@AlexEve you might want to put her in a cage next to the other chick so they can see each other but so if she is sick the other chick don't. thats all i can think of. @Wyorp Rock has helped me alot. they are so smart and would know more. im a second flock newbie lol
thank you. we ended up losing 2 from that bunch and now the grown ones we just lost one to bobcat im so upset but got more babies in the beroom lol. total chickens 9

Back
Top Bottom