Chick order from Ideal - shipping questions - Update: LOST in snowstorm :(

Still nothing. ..the P.O. has one more truck that might make a stop there at lunch time but they don't think it contains chickens. I called Ideal again to let them know and to find out what I should do and they said shipments were at a standstill and that there was nothing they could do until the package either arrives or until Monday (whichever comes first). I realize there is a risk of this happening, but its just frustrating that the USPS doesn't have a way to know anything about any portion of the transit.. And I know someone knows because you can't get from A to Z without scanning in the middle.

Still no update for tacking.....They weren't here this AM was very rudely instructed by the manager to call back after 12.

March 4, 2015 , 5:13 am

Departed USPS Facility

AUSTIN, TX 78710

Your item departed our USPS facility in AUSTIN, TX 78710 on March 4, 2015 at 5:13 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

If they are all DOA, does Ideal refund the whole cost (shipping and all)? At this point I have NO interest in reordering. I just want a refund.

I don't know. I would think so being that they'll reship.. But I want my chicks. There's few options to get Russian orloffs, Saipan's, or Malay near me.. The other breeds I don't know. I might could find red laced Cornish.. Definitely the barred rocks and ameraucana

I know that's what stinks.....I have been on a waitlist for these Polish since last year because they couldn't fill my order in the fall :( I just can't STAND my local USPS employees. Even the manager is a complete you-know-what. Wish I could have them sent to someone else just so I could use a different PO, but my husbands job is 45 mins away and my in-laws have the same zip as me!

I know how you feel. I've been on a wait list for Saipan's since the end of September. Very few hatcheries sex the varieties I wanted.

My order:
10 Saipan (7 pullets 3 cockerels)
7 Malay (5 pullets 2 cockerels)
3 white laced red Cornish pullets
5 dark Cornish ( 3 pullets 2 cockerels)
7 spangled russian orloffs(5 pullets 2 cockerels)
10 ameraucana pullets
8 barred rock pullets
5 Cornish rock st runs

They finally came (all DOA) on Sat afternoon. For the record Ideal was great to deal with and will issue me a full refund. Apparently this 3 day hold in TX by USPS affected thousands of chicks. My local feed store had 200 on order and only about 25 made it. We got the 3 BO chicks my husband wanted from them, and my son.ended up picking out an EE and a Black Australorp also.

Last edited:
My chicks were also shipped out on that fateful Tuesday. They arrived Saturday morning, alive. I did end up losing 6 / 20, but it was a miracle 14 survived. They are very healthy, so far.

Back
Top Bottom