Chick pecks eyes?

Garjzla

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 28, 2014
Oregon
I used to have a lone chick. He's fine, but another chick has hatched and he's not happy.

He had stuffed animals for a few days as company, and he loves pecking their shiny bead eyes. So, he's used to being allowed to peck the eyes of others (stuffed animals) and now with the new chick he slightly dislikes, he tries to peck his eyes all the time, and this chick's new so he can't move away.

I love this little chick, and I don't want to separate them. What are the best things to do?

I wrote an article on what to do about a chick like yours. It has all sorts of suggestions. It's the last article in the series of four linked below my post.

You are the mama hen and you can discipline this problem chick by poking it with your finger which represents the mama chicken's beak. This works to stop the behavior in just a day or two. There are other things you can also do to keep the chick busy and diverted from focusing on the new chick.

I wrote an article on what to do about a chick like yours. It has all sorts of suggestions. It's the last article in the series of four linked below my post.

You are the mama hen and you can discipline this problem chick by poking it with your finger which represents the mama chicken's beak. This works to stop the behavior in just a day or two. There are other things you can also do to keep the chick busy and diverted from focusing on the new chick.

Thank you for the help!

I gave them some noise-making toys that they like, and a bigger area. He has mostly stopped, which is great.

Back
Top Bottom