Chick pic time YIPPIE!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pullet2hen, May 30, 2008.

1. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    My babies are here!

[​IMG]

This one is for Trudy Fuzzy Butts

[​IMG]

Any ideas on what I have... two have bald necks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    Congratulations!! We got our babies today too and are pleased. Just seeing how excited the kids are makes me so happy, but I think I might be even more excited.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    The naked neck ones are.. just that [​IMG] Naked Necks aka Turkens and I am probably wrong... but maybe that red brown one is a Malays???? Where did you get them from? That would help narrow it down [​IMG] Standards or bantams? [​IMG] Cute little fuzzie butts either way [​IMG]

4. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    They are standard pullets from Ideal
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    AAAhhhh Steph- so so cute and they look soo good and look so healthy! I am so glad for you. I sent so many good thoughts your way I think I burned up one to many brain cells. I am not sure what the naked necks are, but it looks like you have an americaunor two, perhaps a Buff Orp, and a New Hampshire or Red sex link perhaps. The black one perhaps a Black Austrolorpe or if it has white on the head maybe a BR baby. Well I don't know much about different breeds so those are my guess for what ever it's worth. I do know they are gorgeous and you are so lucky. Hug those peepers for me too!!! Congrats Trudy I only have hopefully 26 days to go and my fuzzys wiil be here!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I wanna guess again, I am thinking perhaps the red ones could be RIR' s maybe? Doesn't matter they are just all the sweetest little fuzzy butts and I have even saved that fuzzy butt picture for my screen saver !!! Thanks so mcuh for the picture Steph, i really appreciate it.

7. firebugfab

firebugfab Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:I'm certainly NO expert at all, but my RIR's were yellow with a little rust color and not red until they feathered.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Cute babies Congrats! Those lok like naked necks/Turkens and the red ones look too dark for RIRs...not sure about the others

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I think MAYBE the first one with the dark stripes on it's head may be a Buttercup???? Or maybe a partridge Chanteclers.. I see those one their list [​IMG] Or maybe a Dark Cornish [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by