Chick Pics! Jordan's eggs.... DUW!

LOL Asher, she is the only one that actually enjoys chicks and ducklings.

lau.gif
Yes it's a baby Starling, he has been very jealous of them.

Rabid vulture... it's fine. I'm not gonna make this an arguement thread, I barely post here on the forum for this reason. I have had the starling since it was baby it doesn't have parasites, If it did it would NOT be in my house! I've have raised and released wild birds and I'm not new to this, I have always had them around my chicks, ducklings and other animals and never had a problem. Thanks for your concern though.
roll.png

Last edited:
OMG!!!!
ep.gif
I missed the starling. I had to go back and take another looksy.

Very cute chicks & puppy! Congratulations on the hatch!!!!!!!
smile.png

I like the way you cut egg holders in the shelf liner to help the eggs stay in place. How did that work out for you?

Thanks Smitty! It worked great! I used to take soldering wire and bend it into the shape of egg cups and that worked fantastic. I could not find the soldering wire so I did it this way. It worked great although I should have made the holes a bit smaller.

Last edited:
That's very cool! I bet the shelf liner helps keep down the mess in your bator to.

I haven't used the shelf liner in the bator before, just in the brooder for a little while. I did use hair rubberbands once to help keep them in place. LOL!!!!

I still can't believe that my eyes scanned right over your starling. LOL!!!!! I must be tired! It's very cute!
big_smile.png

Yes it keeps down the mess and also if you have the sharp edges of hardwire it keep the chicks feet from catching their toe. Also helps with splayed leg, I use it for the first 24 hours in the brooder also. Yeah he bleds in haha.

Totally adorable pics. Funny how that starling just fits right in there. BTW, where do you manage to keep chickens in Baltimore? I was contemplating moving back there but my love of the chickies was a limiting factor (or so I thought). Congrats on the hatch!

gig.gif
That was a starling! I don't know my baby birds, but I knew that it "weren't no chicken!"

Amber, that is a pretty good hatch, coming all the way from CA! CB's baby looks kinda like a BR I know.......is Rizzle the daddy?

Back
Top Bottom