Chick Pics! Jordan's eggs.... DUW!

What adorable chickie babies - kind of an odd looking "hen" that's caring for them though
tongue.png
My beagle would probably be that way, given a chance. The other would simply swallow them whole. Everytime he sees me carrying a chicken, he starts drooling.

I love the pic with the starling baby - Sing it with me -- One of these things is not like the other, One of these things . . .
lol.png

Nice job on hatching such cute babies!
Liz

Thanks everyone! TheKidAndDame, I have been called on by nosey neighbors, It really depends on your zoning. I got a ticket from the permit dept. telling me I had to get rid of my 4 ducks and my chickens. Everyone else loves my chickens, I never kept roosters and I got rid of my ducks just to keep the peace. They took the complaint back but I'm always on my toes! I only have 1 cochin which was the reason I wanted another chicken to keep her company, I thought it was time to go ahead and get another but I just got eggs instead from J, I wanted to be the first to hatch his eggs and he never shipped before so I just went for it. Hopefully my favorite(s)
tongue.png
will be pullets!

Lynn, 8 out of 10 eggs hatched, one had a bloodring early on and the other died around day 4-5. So yeah it was pretty awesome!

I never owned a bird as affectionate as this starling to be completely honest! I guess it's because he's been around me all this time and imprinted very fast. I can't wait for him to start talking though. They start talking around 15-30 weeks. He's only 4 weeks at the moment. I'm gonna take some pics later and add them here.

Quote:
I don't see how I was arguing? I was just stating that they do cary diseases (and they do) and many people in my area don't understand that wild birds are very hazardous to other animals. How am I supposed to know that you save non-indigenous species?

No reason to roll your eyes at me. :} If you don't post on this forum due to a concern of other people trying to help then I don't know what to say.

I never said you were arguing, I said I'm not making it an arguement thread which is what I see happening. I know birds carry diseases, doesn't mean the same birds don't eat out of open animal feeders and crap on the same ground your chickens walk and eat on. Chickens aren't the cleanest creatures. My chickens are healthy and I would never put them in danger, and if I was that would be my own stupid fault, but it would have nothing to do with this starling. You would know I save non-indegenous species because I have one in the pic...:| LOTS of people keep starlings, go to starlingtalk, They have them around their birds and never had a problem, they even sell diapers for them on flightquarters.

There is a reason to roll my eyes cause I didn't come here to argue back and forth about my PET bird being in a picture with my chicks. How are you helping by telling me there like flying rats? Thanks for the help...? I'm trying to keep this as civil as I can but I feel like your telling me I'm putting my birds in danger which then suggests I'm a bad caretaker.
hu.gif

Amber's right, she did not say you were arguing, just that she didn't want an argument...but look, that's where it's going...

I know that Amber takes great care of her animals and would never put them in danger by allowing a diseased animal anywhere near them!

And she doesn't avoid posting on this forum because of a concern that other people may try to help, it's because of the arguments that arise...she couldn't even post pics without someone criticizing her!

Well, I'm not being hostile nor argue-mentive. I just wanted to inform people about starlings. We would never be talking about this subject if you would be just said "Oh sorry, that's my pet. He's clean and all and I take care of him." But then you had to get all defensive.

I'm not saying owning a starling is a crime or anything. I own a parrot. But starlings are a cause of many diseases in MY area, I thought I was being thoughtful in mentioning that. Obviously not.

You shouldn't inform people on starlings if you have no idea what your talking about. Maybe I could actually take you seriously if you posted something on it. We are talking about it cause I replied and you felt the need to reply back
th.gif
Even Julie posted in my defense, so I'm not the only one to read you message that way. I am totalllllly done with this, I just think your having fun with it now... You just signed up here not long ago so I'm not suprised.
roll.png
The mods are gonna lock it up anyway greaaat.
thumbsup.gif

Also, is it possible for you to get the link to where it says starlings are causing diseases in Sherwood Oregon, Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom