Chick pipped before its own veins were absorbed?

alpinewelsummer

Songster
Mar 15, 2021
Hey all! The chick in question is fine, still moving and peeping, so I'm not worried, but I just had something odd happen!

The chick pictured below pipped sometime yesterday (day 20), and as you can see, it looks like it hit a vein and the blood stained the membrane, just like you would see with an attempt at assisting.

IMG_20210511_092141709.jpg

Has anyone else had this happen? Would anything in particular cause a chick to pip when there's still veins left running through the air sac portion? Or, do you think something else happened that caused the blood?

Chick is still peeping and cracking and I believe it will hatch soon, so there's no panic--more of a curiosity post. :)

Hey all! The chick in question is fine, still moving and peeping, so I'm not worried, but I just had something odd happen!

The chick pictured below pipped sometime yesterday (day 20), and as you can see, it looks like it hit a vein and the blood stained the membrane, just like you would see with an attempt at assisting.

View attachment 2663293

Has anyone else had this happen? Would anything in particular cause a chick to pip when there's still veins left running through the air sac portion? Or, do you think something else happened that caused the blood?

Chick is still peeping and cracking and I believe it will hatch soon, so there's no panic--more of a curiosity post. :)
Mine just recently hatched finally yest after it did this same thing I was so worried it was one of the first to pip but last coming out. It hatches fine just there was blood and on her feathers as well and the incubator. I did not assist just let her have time to do her thing…… I will clean her off tomorrow bc she just hatch in the middle of the night last night and is so still fairly new

Back
Top Bottom