chick pipped on wrong end of egg

QuailQT

Songster
10 Years
Oct 23, 2009
NW PA
I've been so excited about my Ameraucana eggs hatching and the very first one pipped in the wrong end of the egg.

I'm not sure what to do? Is there a chance that it will make it if I leave it alone?

Quote:
I don't know much about hatching, but if you would post in the incubating and hatching section you might get a quicker response. good luck

Just leave it be, there is not much you can do about it at this point, I have had it happen every now and then and they do just fine.

I had one that did that just the other day too. It pipped at the wrong end. It unzipped, hatched out and seemed just fine. But it was not. Something was wrong with it's eyes. I don't know if hatching from the wrong end effected its eye or it hatched at the wrong end because it couldn't see. Either way, sadly, it died yesterday. I do hope you have better luck and I wish you and your little chick all the best! I suggest keeping an eye on it really closely for the first week or so to make sure it's eating, drinking, pooping and active like the others. IMHO the most important part of keeping an eye on a chick is after the first 48-72 hours when they have used up and digested all their yolk and need to find food and water.

Sorry about your chick
hugs.gif

Mine did hatch, but I think that there is something wrong with it's legs. It's foot isn't curled, but it's thigh bones both stick out funny. I hate when this stuff happens!

Back
Top Bottom