1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick poop...not pretty but that is the subject!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pamduff, Oct 22, 2011.

1. pamduff

pamduff Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    Hello everyone...have a question hope someone can assist. We have 10 chicks about 3 weeks old. We are new to this so I tend to notice every little change. Some of the chicks have fairly runny poop and some have poop that almost seems too solid...if that makes any sense LOL. Should I be worried about either group? They are all very active and eating and drinking well. And they are all trying to escape their temporary home LOL.
    Thanks for any insights!
    Pam [​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  3. pamduff

pamduff Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    Quote:Thanks I have seen this several times...gross LOL. But it is helpful and informative and I don't know why I did not think to look here. I will assume everything is ok then. I watch for behavior as a sign most of all...I figure as long as they are active and eating and drinking they are ok. But I am a worrier so just wanted to check. Thanks! [​IMG]

4. Eris

Eris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    El Paso, Texas
    Nurse, thanks for that link. I also wondered about my chickens watery poo sometimes. Thank you, those pictures are helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by