Chick pooping blood

I had these symptoms show up in one of my chicks yesterday(only with a 5 day old chick-which I lost early this morning) and it was cocci.

I don't know where you are located, but a Rural King or Tractor Supply should have the meds. If you happen to call TSC, don't tell them it's for poultry, it is marketed for cattle, just tell them you need Corid(Cocci-Rid) or Sulmet.

Good luck to you!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Once you see blood, intestinal damage is already done. You have to get rid of the parasite problem and quickly to stop further damage and death.

I have the same problem so I went and got the 20 percent prouder for cattle. How much do I use for chickens

Are chicks are showing symptoms of coccidiostat and one has died.We got corid pellets but don't know how to give to chicks.Please help.

Last edited:
I have the same problem so I went and got the 20 percent prouder for cattle. How much do I use for chickens
Dosage for Corid powder is 1/2 tsp per gallon of water,treat all chicks for 5 days. Do not give vitamins during treatment,give vitamins after treatment.

Are chicks are showing symptoms of coccidiostat and one has died.We got corid pellets but don't know how to give to chicks.Please help.
Corid pellets? Do you mean medicated starter feed? You need to purchase Corid(amprol) Dosage for Corid powder is - 1/2 tsp per gallon of water, Dosage for Corid liquid is - 2 tsp per gallon of water. Treat all chicks for 5 days,do not give vitamins during treatment,give vitamins after treatment. Medicated starter feed will not prevent cocci,and if your chicks have cocci,medicated feed will not help them at this point.

Last edited:
The bag say 1.25% pellets type c medicated feed coccidiostat for calves.Say corid at the the top.
No,this is medicated starter feed for calves? What kind of feed were they on before? You need to purchase Corid(amprol) it comes in powder or liquid. Should be able to purchase at feed store. Dosage for Corid power is 1/2 tsp per gallon of water, Dosage for Corid liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Treat all chicks for 5 days, do not give vitamins during treatment,give vitamins after treatment is complete.

They were on medicated chicken food and mixed in a little bit of what we feed older chickens (scratch mixed with laying pellets)

On the bag it say an aid in the prevention and treatment of coccidiosis. should I take it away from the chicks, can it hurt them.

Back
Top Bottom