chick problem

fowl32

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
i hatched 4 white silkie chicks almost 2 days ago. 3 of the 4 are doing something weird and seem to be just not walking, they seem to have splayed out legs and just kind of cant get their feet up straight. What is going on?

oh well its ok, i guess noone knows what is is.

i guess the people with the less serious problems get first priority.

No need to be rude or upset.
smile.png

If you think they have splayed legs do a search for that and some good threads with advise and pictures of what you can do for them will come up.

Pictures of your chicks will also help to show what is going on with them.

A lot of times people don't notice new posts, I've had that happen with several posts. Do you have pics of the problem??? I don't know what would cause that.....if you post pics it might give us a better idea....are they eating/drinking/pooping like normal??? Do they have normal energy???

OH!!!! Another reason you may not have gotten an answer....wrong thread!!! Usually people having problems with their chicks post in emergencies/diseases....it's no biggie, just a possible reason for why no one thought to answer....if a mod sees this they should move it for you....check out this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=46570

This might be similar to what you're going through, not sure, though....GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited:
You need to load the picture onto a photo site like photobucket.com (a free site) then when you are posting you click the box above that says IMG and put the http address for the picture from the photo site BETWEEN the IMG tags which look like this

On photobucket you can actually just copy the full IMG address and just paste it here by using Ctrl+V

It sounds like the chicks are splay legged. You will need to bandage the legs to help them. Do a search on this site for Splay Legged.
smile.png

Last edited:
Pics would be very helpful, but it sounds like splayed legs. What type of litter are they on? If they are on a slippery surface, that could have caused it. Instructions to post pics are in the FAQ.

Sometimes it takes more then 27 minutes for someone to respond to a post too, or even see it. Often some see it, but don't know what to say.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom