Chick prolapse of just swollen vent

Ayu

Chirping
Oct 11, 2020
Western Washington
So i got this little bantam with my last batch of chicks and it had poopy butt for the first few days and when I was cleaning i saw its strange vent. It had a bear rear end too and the place where I got it they said they ripped the down off because of the poopy butt . It was not eating all that much the first day or so but its eating , drinking and running around with the other chicks just like normal seems full of energy. I've read a bunch about prolapse vents but this one didn't look as bad as pics out there , I've been using prep - H on it once a day. I'm wondering others opinions on it and what else I can do for the little thing . Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210510_184752.jpg
    20210510_184752.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210510_184751.jpg
    20210510_184751.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 23
Hi Ayu does your little one now poop normally?
I think if there would be all the fluff supposed to be it wouldn't look that strange at all. That brown little piece above the vent - is that a scab?
Be careful the other chicks don't start to peck the vent, they may be curious about it because the little butt is so bare and vents do pulse a little bit. If you see pecking or red irritated skin consider seperating your little bantam.
Your chick eating and drinking and running around like everyone else are good signs. If this doesn't change your little one will probably be ok.
Hopefully you will get some further opinions!

Hey ! I think that brown piece above the vet was just a little poo lol . I think the other 6 are leaving it alone i haven't noticed any pecking going on so thats good. Its vent kind looked like a little elephant trunk the first few days thats what got me wondering. Its still running around and all with the rest of them lol

I'm glad to hear your baby is doing so well and the others don't care about the noticeable vent - that's good news! Sounds like your little one is/will be ok :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom