Chick Questions

I've gotten 2 different shipments from Meyer in Ohio. One in March and one in August. March delivery I had 15 chicks and one died in transit. It was very cold. The August shipment I had 6 delivered and 1 died. So really you just never know. If it is a reputable hatchery then they know what they are doing and will put heat packs in there. Also, it took 2 days for the chicks to arrive even though I am in PA and they are in Ohio. My PO is very slow. They would prob make it to you in 1 or 2 days max. I love Meyer for their chicks and customer service. I also recommend the vaccines that are offered. I wouldn't mess with doing it myself. Just have them take care of it if offered.
Good luck!

NotableNancy,

Thanks so much for the advice.

And for sharing the Personal experience, I think I'm going to go with Meyers they seem really popular with other chicken owners and they seem to know what their doing..

I just hope my PO isn't to slow..

Did you pick yours up at the PO?

they aren't delivered to your house right?

I didn't see anything on the site about tracking options for your orders? did you have a tracking #

I'm in my PO all the time and they know me so I told them I was getting chicks delivered (surprisingly I live in a small town but it's pretty common to have chicks delivered and you probably won't be the first) and wrote my name, address, cell and home # down for them so they could call the instant they came in. But I stalked the PO anyway and they didn't need to call LOL
They delivered them to me the first time and my PO guy is so nice he video taped me opening the box and taking them out!! The 2nd time I picked them up as soon as they called me.
So I would just talk to your local PO and see what they say. I didn't want them on the mail truck for hours while he did his route so I told them I would pick them up. You may want to do the same. I also brought them cookies!
Meyers does provide a tracking number but it usually doesn't help to much because its scanned when it leaves Ohio and then when it arrives at your PO, not all along the way. Meyer will also text or email you when they are shipped so you know they're on the way.
If you want to see lots of pics of Meyer chickens and chat with others that have bought from them check out our thread " Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone?? "
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/738837/meyer-hatchery-chicken-pics-anyone/9020#post_14569275
Check it out and ask any questions you want :)

Back
Top Bottom