Chick Return Program??

Pics

sean_wonder

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2016
My Coop
My Coop
I have an extremely broody chicken,, I take her off the nest every time I see her, put ice packs under her, all of that, but she's half Silkie, and refuses to break. I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I'm just plopping it here. Is there any way I could go to my local tractor supply, grab some babies, and find them a home with little trouble?? My tractor supply does offer sexed chicks.

The trouble with TSC "sexed" chicks, is that frequently they are not all girls. Even the best hatchery sexers are wrong some of the time, and in addition to that some TSC seem to be pretty good at mixing chicks up, or mislabeling them. I don't think it's a great idea to get them if you NEED to rehome them, but if you have room for any that don't go, or turn out to be male, then why not.

I do have room, but I'm not allowed to keep males. The problem is my mom doesn't want any more chickens than we already have. If I got Badonkadonk (the broody) chicks, I'd just get the minimum, which I think is 2... I don't know. I'm gonna wait another week and continue to try and break her in the meantime. She's hogging the favorite nest and already seems to be loosing weight. :(

Back
Top Bottom