chick running in circles

jsam08

Chirping
Apr 22, 2020
I received chicks today. I have one americana chick that is running around the brooder, mostly in one direction. Takes a break to eat some and drinking, but have not seen her sleep or does for very little before she's back running around. It can last for seconds or minutes. I'm still fairly new to chickens. Would this be stress? Vitamin deficiency? Or something else?

I have a video but unsure how to post it.

I gave her a few drops of nutri drench. Would I need to give more? Or something else? They also have probiotic/electrolyte water.
That good, keep on with that, a few drops every few hours. Or If you can, get some 400 i.u vitamin e capsules and squeeze them out onto a bread crumb or chick feed and give her one of those every day.

I received chicks today. I have one americana chick that is running around the brooder, mostly in one direction. Takes a break to eat some and drinking, but have not seen her sleep or does for very little before she's back running around. It can last for seconds or minutes. I'm still fairly new to chickens. Would this be stress? Vitamin deficiency? Or something else?

I have a video but unsure how to post it.
Welcome To BYC

For Video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

If you have Poultry Nutri-Drench, give her 2-3 drops twice a day. I'd try to give all the chicks the PND if possible.

Thank you for the advice! The chick quit running in circles the next day. Started doing it again today, but they also started the pecking order flying at each and jumping around. So not sure if she was stressed or vitamin related. I gave her a few more drops again. She seemed to quit. I will try the Nutri Drench in their water.

Back
Top Bottom