Chick sexing project

Pics
sorry, I'm a little confused. there are 5 pictures but only 4 answers, which are which? the silkies were non sexed when we bought them but the white one with the red comb was supposed to be a pullet but it has been acting very dominant and think it might be a rooster.

I have 3 week old buff orpingtons and 3 week old BLRW, I got them from the feed store the morning that they arrived, so I assumed 2 days old... I have pictures of a week but they were not done thoroughly. However, I can start taking more thorough pictures from now on, if that works.

Hello, I would like some help to find the breed and if my chicks are pulley or cockerel. When I bought them the farm guy said they were Olive egger but I'm not sure.
CHICK 1
4 or 5 weeks old
View attachment 1028967 View attachment 1028963 View attachment 1028938
View attachment 1028964

CHICK2
5 OR 6 WEEKS OLD

View attachment 1028975
View attachment 1028977
View attachment 1028980
Thank you for your help!!!
I think they both are probably pullets. Olive Egger isn't "technically" a recognized breed, because it is just a term for the cross of a blue/ blue-green layer (most likely EEs in your case) and a brown egg layer (the darker the brown the richer the olive), so, could be any number of breeds. Most folks use a Marans cross. Exciting to see what their eggs will look like! :)

IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3932.JPG
I have an olive egger that we're trying to determine if it's hen/roo. It's a cream legbar/Welsummer. I have the 2 day old picture next to my Welsummer female. You can see a small white dot on the head of the olive egger. And the 3 week old picture. Does this mean for certain roo?

Cream legbar mamma, then yes, the male offspring would exhibit the barring trait (white spot on head), but in my experience, the "dot" is usually larger than the one I see in the pic... which probably doesn't help much... :)

I think they both are probably pullets. Olive Egger isn't "technically" a recognized breed, because it is just a term for the cross of a blue/ blue-green layer (most likely EEs in your case) and a brown egg layer (the darker the brown the richer the olive), so, could be any number of breeds. Most folks use a Marans cross. Exciting to see what their eggs will look like! :)
Thanks for your help!!! And I can't wait to have eggs
Also can you help me with this one? I'm not sure if it's a girl, the seller said pullet. What do you think?[AT3TACH=full]1058391[/ATTACH]
20170624_084600.jpg
20170624_085156.jpg

20170624_084537.jpg

Attachments

• 20170624_084549.jpg
    20170624_084549.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 8
I have Black Sumatra chicks currently, and would like to participate. My chicks are 2 and 3 weeks old at the present, so if I started now, we would begin with 3 week old chicks. Is anyone else on here doing Sumatras? Or no?

First pic are buff orpington at 2 months. The next 3 are of the same chicks at 3 months. Anyone know if they are roo or pullet? I've been going back and forth on one of them.
IMG_0181.PNG
IMG_0183.PNG
IMG_0184.PNG
IMG_0185.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0182.PNG
    IMG_0182.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom