Chick Shortage?

:jumpyHello everyone! It has been a great while since I have an posted. But has anyone noticed in 2023 Chicks are hard to get in Texas. Is it everywhere too? I tried going to my local stores where I usually get them and they keep telling me they sold out:th I have never seen it like this. I thought well I will order from hatchery, :cafeven their chicks are not available until May 1st or later. I have ran around :weefor 2 months now and finally found a few, 9 to be exact, 3 New Hampshire Reds and 6 Cream Legbars. But as soon as I got them home with in an hour 2 Legbars died.:he I called the place I got them and they have no type of warranty on livestock. Who would have thought the world would come to this. So I will continue to listen for the sound of chirping chicks and maybe someday I will find some more, some how, some place, somewhere eventually!
I ran into this problem the other week looking for meat birds. Most of the hatcheries I looked at online said they wouldn't have any until sometime around May-July. Finally found one and we are getting a delivery sometime next week. But the fact that most of the hatcheries had nothing available for so long is crazy. Not sure if they just sold them weeks/months ahead of time or what.

This week I went w my husband to several farm stores in the area, he was searching for a certain size shackle. Every single store had chicks available. I see on Facebook that a local hatchery sets up their regular ‘chick days events’ every weekend at area stores as well (People can preorder specific breeds). I don’t see a shortage here.
. DFCA58B3-8270-428C-BC6E-6EFB7D4B8170.jpeg E9769416-2225-4F59-8009-4E549A21245A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom