Chick showing cocci signs after already being treated

dedicateddourly

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Fallbrook, CA
Hi there,

My 14 week olds developed cocci almost 2 weeks ago. Vet hubby confirmed cocci in stool, but none of them exhibited any symptoms aside from the bloody poo. No lethargy whatsoever. Anyway, I treated with Corid 9.6% oral solution for 6 days at 9cc per gallon of water. The blood cleared up after a day. They have been fine for the past week.

This morning one boy had a strange poop. Mucousy, liquid with what looks like intestinal lining. He is also lethargic while he was normal yesterday. I've isolated him, actually thinking he might have crop issues. But his poops, still liquidy, look like they may have blood rather than lining.

Can they get cocci twice? And so soon? The others are fine with normal poop. Can I treat with Corid again with no negative effects? I was actually surprised they developed cocci in the first place. They had already been outside for over a month. It's been dry. I scoop poop twice a day.

Anyway, I really want to jump on the Corid just in case, but only if it's safe. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

its safe to gove him corid in the correct dose

i had a hen that got cocci even though vacinated and she pulled through

what you need to do is disinfect with bi-oo-cyst the whole coop and surrounding as there are 9 strains of cocci and although vacinated against 1 or a few they may not be from all

on the good side the ones that survive are now immune to that strain they caught and so will their offsping

:)

Last edited:
its safe to gove him corid in the correct dose

i had a hen that got cocci even though vacinated and she pulled through

what you need to do is disinfect with bi-oo-cyst the whole coop and surrounding as there are 9 strains of cocci and although vacinated against 1 or a few they may not be from all

on the good side the ones that survive are now immune to that strain they caught and so will their offsping

:)

Thanks for the quick response. I will start Corid right away. I've never heard of Bi-oo-cyst. I looked it up just now and it looks like a UK product. I haven't done in-depth searching, but it doesn't seem like its available in the States. I have a product called Oxine that is supposed to kill a lot of stuff. I'll try that for now.

Anyway, I'll start Corid now and check for cocci tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom