Chick sitting on its hocks after hatch

Sara S

Crossing the Road
May 13, 2020
FL
Hi everyone! A lot of people know I hatched some chicks and one that hatched yesterday has been having some issues. I treated his curled toes and that was that but it seems like he will sit on his hocks (I think they’re called that?) a lot. I know he’s able to walk ish and get food and water, but it’s not splay leg, what could it be?

thanks so much and thanks to the people who have already helped me as well❤️😁

Human vitamin B complex tablets 1/4 to 1/2 tablet daily can be crushed and added to food or a spoonful of water and given with a dropper. Some chick vitamins do not contain b2 riboflavin, so read labels if using chick vitamins. Poultry Cell has it, but not Nutridrench. SaveAChick electrolytes with vitamins has some, PolyVisol without iron human vitamins has some.

Human vitamin B complex tablets 1/4 to 1/2 tablet daily can be crushed and added to food or a spoonful of water and given with a dropper. Some chick vitamins do not contain b2 riboflavin, so read labels if using chick vitamins. Poultry Cell has it, but not Nutridrench. SaveAChick electrolytes with vitamins has some, PolyVisol without iron human vitamins has some.
Thanks so much! It was just a reaction to the tape I put on his toes since they were a little out of place which is why he walked like that in the first place and now he’s a little wobbly but he’s walking regular! thanks again❤️

Back
Top Bottom