Chick Starter Recipe Please

Did anyone say anything about grit for these chicks???

In order to process the real food they have to have it. (Mine roam around on my gravel driveway for grit)
yes there is grit in their food i mix it in there I'm sorry i forgot to mention that

this is the grit i use for them
1602544713931.png

Yes but just tiny amounts. I would feed each one about 1/2 teaspoon twice a day.
I give my laying hens canned mackerel during molting as a boost. It also has added salt.
i read what you said wrong on accident i was reading this in a rush because i was almost time for them to go roost and i thought it said half a table spoon a day so i filled up 1 table spoon for the both of them to share but in the morning i will put of half a teaspoon in their food

i read what you said wrong on accident i was reading this in a rush because i was almost time for them to go roost and i thought it said half a table spoon a day so i filled up 1 table spoon for the both of them to share but in the morning i will put of half a teaspoon in their food

No harm done at all. They will be fine.

Is there any way you can let them out to eat grass and bugs?
they run around the whole day in a fenced in area, the coop Door opens up at 8 A.M and then closes at dusk. there is plenty of grass but today they stayed in their coop run (probably because it was shaded there the whole day) this is the coop i have that's the picture from TSC website
1602545404776.png

Back
Top Bottom