Chick Starter Recipe Please

also, do I get medicated feed or non medicated I'm not sure if they were vaccinated or not? if I do end up buying the medicated feed what happens if they lay an egg while being on that food would the egg be edible?

I use the non medicated feed.
The medication in medicated is a thiamin blocker. It is not a true medication like an antibiotic would be.....it is safe to eat eggs laid when they are eating it.
I just prefer the non medicated.

You could get an all flock feed as others mentioned(those do not come medicated) and are fine for the entire flock to eat. They have less calcium than a layer feed so hens that are laying would need oyster shell in a dish near the feed. only those that need it will eat it.

I use the non medicated feed.
The medication in medicated is a thiamin blocker. It is not a true medication like an antibiotic would be.....it is safe to eat eggs laid when they are eating it.
I just prefer the non medicated.

You could get an all flock feed as others mentioned(those do not come medicated) and are fine for the entire flock to eat. They have less calcium than a layer feed so hens that are laying would need oyster shell in a dish near the feed. only those that need it will eat it.
i dont have a hen anymore i just have left over feed

at least 2 months old i gave the hen away last Saturday

Is it still in the bag?
There should be a date code on the bottom sewn in strip or on the tag depending on brand. That date code is the mill date.
It is best to use feed before six months past the date on the bag.

If it is more than six months old the nutrients degrade and it is no longer healthy to feed.

Is it still in the bag?
There should be a date code on the bottom sewn in strip or on the tag depending on brand. That date code is the mill date.
It is best to use feed before six months past the date on the bag.

If it is more than six months old the nutrients degrade and it is no longer healthy to feed.
yes it is I'll go check

Back
Top Bottom