Chick still hasn't hatched after 21 days?!

Hello everyone! looking for advice... all the eggs that made it to lockdown had hatched EXCEPT for one egg. It is day 21, and this one has not pipped, but I cant tell if it has internally pipped. I candled it, and it is still moving, but i'm worried if something is wrong with it. Is this normal? Should I make a pip in the egg around where it's beak/head is? I've never had alive chicks not hatch after 21 days, or not hatch 24 hours after all other chicks have hatched. Please help! Thanks!
Did it hatch or is it still in the egg?

If all the other eggs hatched within 24 hours of each other then your egg on day 23 isn't going to hatch (by itself) there could be various reasons for this and to be honest it will have complications etc.

Do you want to help it out of the egg to have to spend hours and hours and possibly $$ to have it most likely die after a day or 2?

Sorry for being direct and unemotional but that's how life works

If all the other eggs hatched within 24 hours of each other then your egg on day 23 isn't going to hatch (by itself) there could be various reasons for this and to be honest it will have complications etc.

Do you want to help it out of the egg to have to spend hours and hours and possibly $$ to have it most likely die after a day or 2?

Sorry for being direct and unemotional but that's how life works
Thank you for the advice, it is still kicking strong and the egg is rocking now, so I will not end it's life that fast until it is dead. I am in contact with many other hatchers that have experienced many late hatchers, so I am confident this chick will survive.
Also, I am very willing to spend "hours and hours" to help a chick that could just be malpositioned, or an egg that was set later than other eggs.

Thank you for the advice, it is still kicking strong and the egg is rocking now, so I will not end it's life that fast until it is dead. I am in contact with many other hatchers that have experienced many late hatchers, so I am confident this chick will survive.
Also, I am very willing to spend "hours and hours" to help a chick that could just be malpositioned, or an egg that was set later than other eggs.
:thumbsup wish you luck with it.

I hope I'm wrong
:)

If it's rocking it sounds like it's trying and hopefully you'll see a pip soon. I know how nerve-wracking it is at this stage. I've done a few assisted hatches and most turned out great, only 1 didn't make it. And sometimes they just take a little longer. I hope this one makes it!

Back
Top Bottom