Chick thinks im its mum

Have you tried tucking it under her? It should snuggle down when it feels the warmth down there.
I have and she seems ok but she still cries out at times
I had the same situation, only that i incubated it, and it is really attached now. It turned into a rooster and actually tries to mate with me. I have no solution, but i know that it is because chicks become VERY attached to the first living thing it sees. You might have to play mother hen. Another time was when a chick was sick, with like, cancer for chicks, and it liked how it felt in my hands. The poor thing died in my arms a few hours later though.
Aw I'm sorry to hear that, she's tucked under mama and seems ok but when she comes out from under her and realises I'm not there she cheeps a lot

My broody hen has sat on 8 eggs and so far 4 of which have hatched the other 4 are all pipping, I watched the 2nd one hatch but mum pecked it (not hard and only once) and after that she didn't do it again but I picked the chick up and it fell asleep on me and now when I put it back with its mum it cheeps loudly until I pick it back up, how can I fix this?
Distance yourself, stop picking it up, just watch it from a distance to make sure it's following its mum, and being taken care of. Is it staying with mum and siblings? If you keep handling it each time it cries, it's going to continue imprinting

Distance yourself, stop picking it up, just watch it from a distance to make sure it's following its mum, and being taken care of. Is it staying with mum and siblings? If you keep handling it each time it cries, it's going to continue imprinting
They're all in the nest and it seems fine, mum hasn't gotten off nest yet so not sure, still cheeps but seems better, I will stop picking it up for now, thanks

Back
Top Bottom