Chick training

well that was the most ridiculous thing ever. Doing my daily chick poop pick up, water change and handling training.
Each chick gets caught and hugged tight while offered a handful of finch seed. The Legbars have this down and know exactly what is up and start climbing me. The barnevelders are less enthused but have finally gotten so they don't yell and will eat after a second. (The goal is not pets but handleable chickens)
So I am down to my last 3 chicks to handle/feed train and the Legbars lose patience- big hen flies to my head (I am kneeling with a hooded fleece on) and is walking around on my hood then my back pecking. Medium hen is grabbing my hood string and playing tug o war,Little Rooster flies to the perch next to my face and is leaning over staring at me and little hen is running back and forth and jumping on my thighs
LOL Finally done torturing the barnevelders and dump a few handfuls finch seed on the floor while calling "chick chick chick" "Hey big hen chick chick" and big hen climbs to my head and flies down and the shark swarm on the seed ensues. What a bunch of bird brains literally

Back
Top Bottom