chick treats

deejeff442

Songster
9 Years
Jun 27, 2013
my chicks are 2 weeks now . they are on dry mash i guess it is.they eat it up like crazy also i throw some meal worms in there once a day. anything else i can add? i did try spaghetti noodles but they dont touch them

They can eat most table scraps in moderation. There is a list of "do not feed" in the learning center. Make sure they have access to grit either from the bare ground or purchased when eating treats. They really should be on a chick starter feed, not sure if that is what you are calling mash.

my chicks are 2 weeks now . they are on dry mash i guess it is.they eat it up like crazy also i throw some meal worms in there once a day. anything else i can add? i did try spaghetti noodles but they dont touch them

My birds LOVE sphagetti noodles they seem to think of them as long worms.... we also do blackberries (we have alot ripe right now )-- leftovers from dinner like rice, gravy meat scraps, breads, potatoes, cooked mixed veggies, my daughters leftover AM cereal, old stuff out of the fridge (wilted lettuce, stale bread or cookies), leftover dog food they eat it right out of the bowls- you name it, I just chop it up alittle and moisten it with water and add it to their crumbles and make a mash -- THey love it! If you grow corn they also enjoy fresh corn on the cob too....

At 2 weeks old the only treat I gave my chicks were scrambled eggs and cheese. I didn't start offering kitchen extras until 11-12 weeks but that was just my personal choice. They need their chick starter and we have to be careful to not over do the "treats"

i put some yogurt in yesterday. wont be doing that again. all they did was walk through it and made everything sticky. i had to clean the brooder top to bottom. i cant wait to put them in the coop next weekend .they are pigs

My chicks won't even eat yogurt. I have dripped their beaks in it before and they drag their beak on the ground to try and get it off lol But yes the few times I have tried they made a very nasty mess of it.

Back
Top Bottom