Chick with 5 toes (PICS ADDED)

Quote:
No need, I looked up some pictures and you're definitely correct. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Is it strange to have a polish and houdan sold together? And one more question: Any guesses as to the sex of the chicks?

Quote:
Well, the ones you see in my picture are a male and a female, but as you can see, they look exactly alike, lol, so I wouldn't be guessing on sex of the houdan right off.
As for the Polish, I had no trouble telling my Splash Polish apart from each other but my buff laced, I got completely wrong and right now the blue is almost grown and I still don't know what it is. I have lots of mixed Polish, some spitzhauben and some silver laced Polish chicks too and I haven't even bothered to try to sex those. Maybe someone else is better at sexing Polish that I am and can help you but I would just wait and see, if I was you. What looks like a male might turn out to be a female and vice versa.
wink.png

Oh, I also meant to say, the feathers should come back eventually.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, the ones you see in my picture are a male and a female, but as you can see, they look exactly alike, lol, so I wouldn't be guessing on sex of the houdan right off.
As for the Polish, I had no trouble telling my Splash Polish apart from each other but my buff laced, I got completely wrong and right now the blue is almost grown and I still don't know what it is. I have lots of mixed Polish, some spitzhauben and some silver laced Polish chicks too and I haven't even bothered to try to sex those. Maybe someone else is better at sexing Polish that I am and can help you but I would just wait and see, if I was you. What looks like a male might turn out to be a female and vice versa.
wink.png

Oh, I also meant to say, the feathers should come back eventually.
big_smile.png

Thank you for all your help. I hope they are hens. I like the roosters but I technically can't keep them and would hate to lose the whole flock over one roo. You're birds are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom