chick with a pink skinned side and a dark skin side

The chick is a Male/Female Chimera. The male of that cross have light/lighter skin than females, Females are id+(Sex linked dermal melanin enhancer) and males is Id(Sex linked Dermal Inhibitor) the Fibromelanosis from Cemani will be partially inhibited by Id but boosted by id+ thats why you see two different colored sides

earlier in the year I had a strange presentation on a chick that was a Ayam Cemani / Naked neck Turken cross. It literally was half of each breed split right down the middle. I have new photos and thought I would share. I would love to hear any ideas of what could be going on with this little cutie. In addition to the skin color shift from left to right side there are a few other oddities. In the older chick photos you can see the color difference in the feet which continues up the leg. The feathers on the front of the neck that make up the bowtie are Black on one side and has about 4 times more feathers than the other side which has 4 light blue/ grey feathers. The iris of the eye on the dark skinned side is dark brown like the Ayam Cemani's have. The light skinned side has a lighter brownish/ green colored iris. The eye color in the last photo doesnt capture the color it actually is very well.

View attachment 2890508 View attachment 2890509

View attachment 2890513 View attachment 2890511
How awesome and fascinating! Thank you for sharing! :eek:

thought I would update with a few current photos of this young rooster.
KIMG4109_2.JPG

KIMG3995_2.JPG

KIMG3996_2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom