Chick with bad leg

Barb Root Hinkkanen

Songster
6 Years
Aug 19, 2017
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Despite all efforts, my little 3-week old chick's leg has not improved. Today I built her a therapy chair. I started with a couple of pictures, and kept cutting the lengths until they fit her.
I made one today. Because she is only three weeks old, I'm unsure of how to keep her warm but not too warm. She won't be bale to get away from the heat in the brooder. If i put her in a separate brooder, she will be lonely. Maybe I can put her in with the little bitty ones or newly hatched chicks. I have some due in two days?

I have been holding her and letting her eat a few times a day making sure she is getting enough food and water. Her leg has not improved. I have been so worried. Then, today when I put her back after feeding her, I put her close to the water and food. The little dear didn't want to be there so she FLEW over to the other side of the brooder.

She is my first born chick and I won't cull her. I just don't know what to do to keep her comfortable for as much time as she has on this Earth!

Back
Top Bottom