Chick with head tucked

I tried Wallgreens and CVS but neither of them had the liquid B complex vitamins. I found a GNC that has it but they closed early so I couldn't get there until tomorrow. No one has liquid selenium but I ordered some Vitamin E softgels with selenium included in them. I get all my vitamins from PuritansPride.com for self, family and birds too. Their Vitamins are unbelievably inexpensive and they always have some kind of BIGIF or BIG2F. Right now I got a BIGIF, 10% discount and free freight. I'll go ahead and get some locally to get him started of course, but will have these on hand to add to the morning treat bowls for everyone else as well.

Today was pretty hectic. My friend Robby gave me 10 of his (possibly-fertile) silkie eggs to put under my 4 broody hens. One adorable little splash baby hatched this morning so I had to get a brooder box set up and decided to bring in the two best broodies and let them finish the hatch without being disturbed by the rest of their coop mates (including a very enthusiastic roo, HA!). So far, she's the only one hatched. No pips from the others. Friday is day 22.

I'm hoping I'll get at least one more so she won't be an "only" chick.

Quote:
How is your patient doing? Mine is still the same, tucked, unbalanced, unable to eat on his own. I'm treating him twice a day with B and E and holding a food mash under his beak which he eats messily. I don't know what else to do.

Quote:
How is your patient doing? Mine is still the same, tucked, unbalanced, unable to eat on his own. I'm treating him twice a day with B and E and holding a food mash under his beak which he eats messily. I don't know what else to do.

She's back out with her buddies. We did reinstitute the prednisone for another week and have now tapered her completely off.

I'm going to PM you...

The chicks are now 5 weeks old and our little patient seems to be out of the woods - woo-hoo! I was very worried about her, but after the TLC indoors for almost a week, Vit. E and B-complex, we returned her to the group. She was still tucking her head and backing up to the wall, but she has stopped now and you'd never know anything was ever wrong with her. Amazing, sinse that night I found her curled up in the corner shaking her head, I really thought she would die.
We are all so relieved, especially my 10yo son, who was extremely worried and helped me administer the vitamins. He massaged her neck also and gave her lots of kisses while she was in "the hospital".
big_smile.png
Thanks to you all for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom