Chick with infected toe :(

Stayc

Crowing
5 Years
May 18, 2017
Keysville Virginia
Picked up 4 pullets from TSC and one of them has what looks like an infected toe. Walking, eating, drinking fine. Just curious as to how to treat it so it doesn't get worse. Thanks all:love
20180330_171053.jpg

Oh no, that looks like it was stepped on or got stuck under the waterer or similar. She will probably lose the toenail and tip, but she should be fine. I would put some iodine,Vetericyn, triple antibiotic ointment or similar on the today twice a day. Keep the bedding dry and relatively clean to help prevent infection. I am sure it is painful, but she will be fine. Good luck.

Oh no, that looks like it was stepped on or got stuck under the waterer or similar. She will probably lose the toenail and tip, but she should be fine. I would put some iodine,Vetericyn, triple antibiotic ointment or similar on the today twice a day. Keep the bedding dry and relatively clean to help prevent infection. I am sure it is painful, but she will be fine. Good luck.
Thanks so much!! I will do that right away. Hope you have a great easter weekend <3

Back
Top Bottom