Chick with malpositioned hip? Can't stand!

SuziRae1999

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2019
Chick is a one day old (ee/bo x br ) and I think it's hip may be out of place. His leg was sticking out so I put hobles on but he still can't stand. Is there anything I can do for him? Or is he going to be a cripple. Thanks for any ideas.
20200430_184747.jpg

Chick is a one day old (ee/bo x br ) and I think it's hip may be out of place. His leg was sticking out so I put hobles on but he still can't stand. Is there anything I can do for him? Or is he going to be a cripple. Thanks for any ideas.View attachment 2116562
Does he have curled toes? Sort of in the same boat assisted a malpositioned chick last night and this morning and he is not walking much but his toes were extremely curled. Hoping, because it was a rough delivery, he will get stronger and straighten out once he rests up.

Does he have curled toes? Sort of in the same boat assisted a malpositioned chick last night and this morning and he is not walking much but his toes were extremely curled. Hoping, because it was a rough delivery, he will get stronger and straighten out once he rests up.
No his toes are fine n this guy walked alright earlier today n I go out to check on him an hour later and his hip feels like it's jutting out so I don't know what happened. I hope your chick recovers. Yeah I have found when they first hatch toes look curled but in my experience it doesn't stay that way once they dry off and start moving around more

No his toes are fine n this guy walked alright earlier today n I go out to check on him an hour later and his hip feels like it's jutting out so I don't know what happened. I hope your chick recovers. Yeah I have found when they first hatch toes look curled but in my experience it doesn't stay that way once they dry off and start moving around more

If he was walking fine, hope he gets back to it! Yeah, my lil chicks toes need the shoes. He’s knuckle walking or waking on his elbows... but he just came out a few hours ago so we’ll see how it goes s

If he was walking fine, hope he gets back to it! Yeah, my lil chicks toes need the shoes. He’s knuckle walking or waking on his elbows... but he just came out a few hours ago so we’ll see how it goes s

Thanks I hope so too. My guy is from last night.
I hope the boots help

I had a chick hatch with the same thing. I put hobbles on in, but it didn't help. I decided to put him down. I didn't think he would be able to support himself as he grew. best of luck to you!

I had a chick hatch with the same thing. I put hobbles on in, but it didn't help. I decided to put him down. I didn't think he would be able to support himself as he grew. best of luck to you!
Oh no. I am going to try giving it a sling or splinting it and see if he seems alert and getting better in a few days but I may have to follow suit and put him out of his misery.

I ended up putting him in the end of a panty hose with holes cut in it for his head,wings and vent and he was trying to run around and was eating and drinking but he'd died when I checked on him at 4 am

Back
Top Bottom