Chick with stringy poop?

samzoost

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2018
hello! I have a week old silkie who’s poop looks like a worm. Just a single strand. I have had other chickens and know it’s not normal but can’t find any explanation. She doesn’t have pasty butt. What do you think this could be?

Attachments

• 5BE40172-FF40-4FA9-A9A4-2AFAEE7EAF9F.jpeg
    5BE40172-FF40-4FA9-A9A4-2AFAEE7EAF9F.jpeg
    468.1 KB · Views: 374
Do all of her poops look like that? I would not be too concerned at this point unless you can see evidence of parasites.
The long shape is not a concern really but the poop looks light coloured and wet almost like a cecal poop. Monitor her and see if she does any more 'normal' poops ie darker with a white speck and more solid.

Do all of her poops look like that? I would not be too concerned at this point unless you can see evidence of parasites.
The long shape is not a concern really but the poop looks light coloured and wet almost like a cecal poop. Monitor her and see if she does any more 'normal' poops ie darker with a white speck and more solid.
yeah all of her poops just looked like a single string.

My one of my isa Brown pooped out a stringy wet poop there 1 day old idk ethier could you also help me
Welcome To BYC!

You have found an older thread, so I'm not sure if the OP will reply or not.

Can you post some photos of the poop, the chick (love chick photos!) and of your brooder?

Is your chick able to eat/drink on her own and is she active?

I have the same problem with 2 silkie chicks. They are both 3 days old. Completely fine just weird poop. It doesn't fall of it sticks to them so I will come wipe it off.

Attachments

• 16109930259844124626257624934983.jpg
    16109930259844124626257624934983.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 185
I have the same problem with 2 silkie chicks. They are both 3 days old. Completely fine just weird poop. It doesn't fall of it sticks to them so I will come wipe it off.
What's the temp in your brooder?
You may just have to keep their bottoms clean, make sure they are drinking well and eating.

What do you feed?

What's the temp in your brooder?
You may just have to keep their bottoms clean, make sure they are drinking well and eating.

What do you feed?
Not sure what my temp is, but I have 2 other chicks that are fine as well. All of them are eating and drinking, with the occasional chicken zooms. I've been cleaning their bums so they are all good. I feed them IFA chick starter along with all of my other chickens, just my silkies have this problem.

Back
Top Bottom