chick won't chirp

It's really early to worry about it - I'm sure you will have a loud and attention hungry bird in no time!

An update on my chick, it just past!!!!!! I'm going to give up on hatching eggs and just buy them a day old.
sad.png
sad.png

Don't give up hatching...I know it can be really frusterating....Trust me I was gonna give up too. But once you get that first lil baby that makes it you'll never wanna quit! I'm in love with the 4 I hatched this year. Only 4 out of dozens of eggs and many many tries...Don't worry it will work out.

Go get yourself a broody hen and let her do the work.

I had a 28 wk old Barred Rock that went broody back in August. She sat on that nest 24/7 and would only get up 1-2 times a day to go eat, drink, and BIG poo. I felt so bad for her because I kept taking the eggs others would lay in her nest because I don't have any roos for fertile eggs.

I brought home 6 possible eggs from the people I got my first goats from back in October. Candled them and put 4 of the best eggs under her. They all took and hatched out 1 black star (sex link) and 3 brown leghorns. She is the best momma ever. It is a joy to watch her raise her little ones.

I wouldn't want to do it any other way. I didn't have to worry about the temp or humidity or turning the eggs. My little momma did everything.

Back
Top Bottom