chick won't chirp

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by big red chicken, Nov 26, 2009.

1. big red chicken

big red chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Greenville NC
    had a chick to peep 2day but can't chirp. hatched on time, beak opens but nothing comes out.

2. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    It's really early to worry about it - I'm sure you will have a loud and attention hungry bird in no time!

3. big red chicken

big red chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Greenville NC
    An update on my chick, it just past!!!!!! I'm going to give up on hatching eggs and just buy them a day old. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    Try hatching some baby quail, even if you just want to sell them later. It will boost your confidence!

5. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    'past' as in 'passed'? As in it died?

I'm sorry to hear that :-/

6. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG]
    I am soo sorry.....

that is rough....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I am truely sorry... don't give up on hatching...

8. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Don't give up hatching...I know it can be really frusterating....Trust me I was gonna give up too. But once you get that first lil baby that makes it you'll never wanna quit! I'm in love with the 4 I hatched this year. Only 4 out of dozens of eggs and many many tries...Don't worry it will work out.

9. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Go get yourself a broody hen and let her do the work.

I had a 28 wk old Barred Rock that went broody back in August. She sat on that nest 24/7 and would only get up 1-2 times a day to go eat, drink, and BIG poo. I felt so bad for her because I kept taking the eggs others would lay in her nest because I don't have any roos for fertile eggs.

I brought home 6 possible eggs from the people I got my first goats from back in October. Candled them and put 4 of the best eggs under her. They all took and hatched out 1 black star (sex link) and 3 brown leghorns. She is the best momma ever. It is a joy to watch her raise her little ones.

I wouldn't want to do it any other way. I didn't have to worry about the temp or humidity or turning the eggs. My little momma did everything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by