Chick won't stop yelling! Please help!

LobsterPouch

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2016
North Carolina
So I picked up 5 americauna chicks from a Purina feed store today and put them in my 2 day prepped brooder, they were doing fine and then my family picked some of them up, we put them back and all but one was fine, she is "screaming" and trying to escape the brooder It's been going on for about half an hour, will she calm down or is there anything I can do? I'm a first timer with chicks and want everything possible to be done right.

Last edited:
Have you checked her over for the common things like pasty butt? It's a pretty common ailment in shipped chicks and chicks just picked up from the feed store.

How are the temps in your brooder under the heat source?

The temp directly under the light is 97 but I feel if that was the issue the rest of the chicks would also be shoutting, I will look into pasty butt but she was also doing fine until just after we handled her.

She could just be freaked out from being handled if you can't see anything wrong. Hopefully she'll calm down.

She went to sleep after about 2 hours and she has been fine since, I think we just really startled her some how. All is well with the pack ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom