chicken acting wierd

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lady Who, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Lady Who

Lady Who Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2015
    One of my light bramha hen is acting vary crazy
    it started around 11:30am (now its 2:30ish)
    She started yelling around the tractor and going in out of nesting box that was in there (i just got her so im keeping her away from the flock at the moment) around lunch she started panting (she was not in the sun) we gave her two other nexting boxes that she didnt really mind then when we put her into the coop nesting box and she just want back and forth.
    she not showing anything that would lead me to believe that she was egg bond (she walking normaly, she is eating/drink.) when i feel her bum, its not hard and normal. Im lost and really dont know what to do.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Is she still doing this? I have a couple of hens who act like that from time to time, and I have tried to run them out of the coup when I'm in there. I haven't figured it out, but I suppose they are just talking loudly. Yours might be upset that she is not with the other chickens. It's good that you are keeping her quarantined.

3. chickenchic11

chickenchic11 Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2015
    in this case nothings wrong she just wants to be with other chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by