Chicken Ad of the day

lau.gif

Guess not enough people know that drakes can kill chicken hens . Duck anatomy is different than that of chickens. Chickens do not "breed" internally - ducks do. What a horrible death for your hen. I always advise people not to have chickens and ducks together UNLESS there are no drakes, for this very reason.

Sometimes duck hens die during mating also. Drakes like to breed on water and the hen can drown from being pushed down. Also if too many drakes, they will all attempt to breed the hen - making it a sure thing she will drown from the weight.

Guess not enough people know that drakes can kill chicken hens .  Duck anatomy is different than that of chickens.  Chickens do not "breed" internally  - ducks do.   What a horrible death for your hen.   I always advise people not to  have chickens and ducks together UNLESS there are no drakes, for this very reason.

Sometimes duck hens die during mating also. Drakes like to breed on water and the hen can drown from being pushed down.  Also if too many drakes, they will all attempt to breed the hen - making it a sure thing she will drown from the weight.

:thumbsup your totally right

I actually had a dream last night that I went on a similar rant at Petco. LOL I dreamt they were selling chicks and had some in a tank with the label Easter Egger/Ameraucana on it. I went on an 'Easter Eggers are not Ameraucana' rant in the middle of the store...
:gig
I've caught myself doing that at TSC. I've never felt compelled to do it on CL, but I do a little in my chick ads

Back
Top Bottom