Chicken adopted me

Here's Miss Maybelline - and we found 2 eggs!

Attachments

• chicken1.jpg
    chicken1.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 3
  • chicken2.jpg
    chicken2.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 3
aww they are beautiful! and do look happy! :) it's good to hear she can be alone temporarily. we want to be able to introduce her to other chickens properly but just aren't set up to do it yet.

thanks for all your advice. We tried to convince her to go into the garage again, into the dog kennel we have set up, but she wasn't having it. I'm really hoping once we get the coop finished that she will move in. She seems to love being under the tarp.
That's awesome she gifted you with two eggs! Maybe her sister will show back up so Miss Maybelline can have company and you can get more eggs!

If you really want her inside before your coop is done, she should be pretty easy to get once she is settled under her tarp at night. Birds go into a sort of trance once it's dark and they are really easy to catch and handle without freaking them out.

I'm glad she found you!

That's awesome she gifted you with two eggs! Maybe her sister will show back up so Miss Maybelline can have company and you can get more eggs!

If you really want her inside before your coop is done, she should be pretty easy to get once she is settled under her tarp at night. Birds go into a sort of trance once it's dark and they are really easy to catch and handle without freaking them out.

I'm glad she found you!
Good to know about the trance. I will see if we can move her tonight.

Back
Top Bottom