1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Always Trying to Get Inside the House

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cascadialiving, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Cascadialiving

Cascadialiving New Egg

Jun 21, 2013
    So my hens and one rooster are all around 22 weeks and we have 5 laying so far. The only minor issue is that one Golden Sex Link keeps trying to come in the house to lay her eggs! The first few times she was behind the TV, but today my girlfriend gave her a space in the closet and she laid one within 10 minutes.

Has anyone else had an issue with a chicken that won't lay outside or in the coop?

2. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    What are you current nesting boxes? Might think about redesigning them. I read something about keeping chickens locked up until noon time to help them learn to lay in the nesting boxes. Also putting golf balls into the nesting boxes as well.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I've not had that happen, but that is adorable! Funny how she'd rather be inside, huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by