Chicken and Dumpling Chowder for a cold Friday Night Supper

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
I spent most of the day cooking again. It is FREEZING cold here. I had to have my chimney cleaned yesterday and they had to come back today so my house was a little chilled until they got the job done. It was the perfect reason to turn on the oven and bake most of the day.

Chicken and Dumplings and gumpsgirls famous white bread - it was even BETTER today.
dumplings.jpg

Pumpkin Pies
pies.jpg

My DH was home early today. It was a lovely meal and nice time around my supper table.

YUMMY!
tongue.png
It all looks just fabulous!

Glad your DH could be home early to enjoy this wonderful meal with the family today.
smile.png

The bread is so crazy easy! I let my kitchenaid do all the work with the dough. I just do the rolling out and baking.

This is EASY bread. Anyone can do it and have awesome fresh hot bread for the table.

I told you! You really won't find a better recipe, I don't think. You can just do so many things with this recipe. Try sprinkling some garlic on the rolled out dough (before rolling it up), sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese, and then add some pepperoni! YUM! YUM! YUM!

The bread recipe is on the forum.

The pie recipe is on the Libby's can (pumpkin puree not the pie mix. I leave out the ginger and add fresh grated nutmeg).

Chicken and dumplings is a given. Yes?

Sounds great! I'll have to try that!

As for the pumpkin pies, that is the same recipe I use! So very easy and always comes out wonderfully!
smile.png

MP,

Please don't laugh at me but I have never had chicken and dumplings.
That chowder looks delicous.

By the way, we have the same stove.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom